The Meadowlands Racetrack is the Place to Be for Foodies this Winter
Wednesday, January 17, 2024
The Meadowlands Racetrack is hosting a number of events this winter ideal for area foodies.
Kicking off the 2024 dining promos is a five-course Asian-inspired dinner that features a cocktail paired with each course. 102.7 midday host Emily West, emcees the dinner and will talk about the night’s playoff football games, wagering basics and provide betting insights on the night’s races.
The menu includes:
- Course 1 Vegetable Pho: Vietnamese broth with vegetables and rice noodles – paired with a Seasonal Craft Beer
- Course 2 Cold Sesame Noodle: Noodles tossed in a sesame-peanut sauce – paired with a Geisha Girl Martini (TY KU Citrus Liqueur, Lychee, Agave)
- Course 3 Chicken Teriyaki Skewer: Japanese style glazed chicken – paired with a Tamarind Margarita
- Course 4 Beef Rendang: Malaysian dry curry with tender beef and aromatic spices served with white rice – paired with a glass of Garnacha (Spanish red wine)
- Course 5 Green Tea Mochi: Japanese confection with a chewy rice-based shell wrapped around a soft and sweet center – paired with an Espresso Martini
This dinner is only $69.95 per person and includes a live racing program and $10 betting voucher. Get your tickets here
The always popular Meadowlands Winter Chili Cook-Off returns on Saturday, February 17th. The competition features homestyle, people’s choice and salsa categories and offers over $3,000 in prizes. Racetrack guests are also welcome to be part of the fun. They are encouraged to sample the chili and vote for their favorite. For complete chili event details visit https://playmeadowlands.com/event/meadowlands-winter-chili-cook-off/
Racetrack diners can enjoy a taste of Peru at the Peruvian Wine Dinner on Saturday, February 24th. Each course is expertly paired with a complimentary wine:
Course 1: Pimientos Rellenos – Stuffed Peppers topped with a Béchamel sauce – paired with Chardonnay
Course 2: Ocopa Arequipeña (Peruvian Sauce & Potatoes) – paired with Sauvignon Blanc
Course 3: Arroz con Mariscos – Peruvian version of the Spanish paella that combines flavorful rice and fresh seafood – paired with Pinot Grigio
Course 4: Fettuccine a la Huancaina con Asado – Pasta in a creamy huancaina (Peruvian yellow pepper and fresh cheese) sauce, topped with tenderloin steak with red wine reduction –paired with Pinot Noir
Course 5: Tiramisú – The classic dish in a Coffee Glaze with Pisco (Peruvian brandy) Reduction -paired with Sparkling
The dinner is $69.95 plus tax and gratuity, reservations can be made by calling 201-The-BigM for reservations.
Finally, Chef Burnett has crafted a 4-course Steakhouse Dinner on Saturday, March 9th. This menu is $100 per person (plus tax & gratuity) and includes a complimentary glass of champagne, live racing program, and $10 betting voucher. For the main course diners will need to select their cut of steak, choices include a 16oz ribeye, 8oz filet, 24oz porterhouse or a 36oz tomahawk for two (an additional $50 per person) Call 201-The-BigM for reservations
All racing, event and dining details are available at https://playmeadowlands.com/
Space is still available for private events and game day celebrations. A variety of beverage and food packages are available including a delicious BBQ menu.
Available party spaces include:
- Gallery -The ideal space for draft parties and game day sports parties. The room features a private bar, lounge seating and wall to wall HD TVs.
- Skybox Suites – These private rooms overlook the track and offer private stadium-style seating. With moveable walls, these suites can fit parties up to 200 people.
- Trackside – An expansive area that is perfect for mitzvahs, corporate holiday celebrations & receptions and tradeshows.
- The Lounge – This second floor space has views of both the FanDuel Sportsbook and the racetrack making it perfect for watching all the game day sports action.
Must be 18+ to wager on horses & 21+ to wager on sports. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler.