Weekend Buffet at the Meadowlands
Wednesday, April 20, 2022
The Meadowlands Racetrack’s Pink and Trotter’s buffets have wonderful spring-time menus perfect for the last couple of April weekends.
Friday’s $49.95 buffet starts off with a hearty lentil soup, Caesar salad and an Asian slaw with sesame ginger dressing. Main courses include a salmon baked in sea salt, chicken Milanese and home-made Italian meatballs.
A peppercorn crusted prime rib is the highlight of Saturday’s $64.95 buffet, the menu also includes chicken cacciatore, salmon with a dill-mustard sauce and scalloped potatoes. White coconut cake and a dark chocolate cake round out the meal.
Kentucky Derby Day is Saturday, May 7, Pink will open early at 4pm for dining. The $74.95 menu includes southern favorites including shrimp and andouille gumbo, strawberry fields salad, BBQ glazed prime rib, apple cider glazed pork chops and creole mac & cheese.
Reservations can be made by calling (201) THE-BIGM and the complete menus can be viewed at https://playmeadowlands.com/dine/pink/
Every buffet features appetizers, soup, main courses, side dishes and dessert. The upcoming buffet menus include:
- Friday, April 29: Sugar-bourbon glazed Virginia ham, mussels with white wine broth, chicken parm
- Saturday, April 30: Roasted prime rib, steak house salad, shrimp scampi, chicken oreganata
- Friday, May 6 Mexican-themed buffet: cheese quesadillas, chimichurri skirt steak, shrimp with garlic, lime and cilantro, pollo asada
- Saturday, May 7 Kentucky Derby Day: BBQ glazed prime rib, crispy catfish, gumbo, apple cider pork chops
- Friday, May 13: Honey glazed turkey, roasted chicken with sundried tomatoes and mushrooms, mashed sweet potatoes
- Saturday, May 14: Horseradish crusted prime rib, teriyaki mahi mahi, manicotti
- Friday, May 20: Gnocchi with vodka sauce, Salmon with lemon & garlic, spiced-rubbed steak
- Saturday, May 21: Chicken marsala, horseradish crusted prime rib, spicy Thai shrimp salad
Visit Playmeadowlands.com for all dining, racing and event information. Live racing post time is 6:20pm.