Meadowlands Battle of the Masterminds Update
Thursday, June 16, 2022
After two full weekends of the Battle of the Masterminds, track odds maker and TV host Dave Brower has made a profit three out of four nights earning a total bankroll of $3,675.
Edison Hatter is in second place with $2,562.50 after hitting a Pick 3 on June 4 that cashed for $2,152.50.
Dave Little sits in third place with $1,798.40 followed by Ken Warkentin in fourth place with $1,302.80. Jessica Otten rounds out the group in fifth place with $1,208.80.
Battle of the Meadowlands Masterminds Rules:
• Each race night the 5 handicappers are given $500 in “mythical battle money”.
• Their mythical wagers must be on races 4-9 each night
• The battle money wins and losses are tracked with results posted as soon as possible following Race 10
• Every night on-track there will be five drawing barrels, each one with a corresponding Battle of the Meadowlands Masterminds name assigned. Fans can complete the entry form and deposit the slip in the barrel of their chosen handicapper prior to Race 4 each night.
• Entry forms are available in the live racing program and at the Players Club Desk.
• After Race 10 each live race night an entry from the winning handicapper barrel will be selected to win $200 betting voucher and a $50 gas card.
• On Hambletonian Day, Saturday, August 6, the winning Battle handicapper is announced.
• At the end of the Battle, the winning handicapper will receive $1,000 for their selected charity; second will receive $500 and third through fifth place $250.
- Jess Otten: New Vocations
- Dave Little: Standardbred Retirement Foundation
- Dave Brower: CBH Care
- Ken Warkentin: Harness Horse Youth Foundation
- Edison Hatter: Purple Haze Standardbred Adoption Program
On-track patrons can enter every racing night, selecting the handicapper they think will win that night’s edition of the tournament. If that handicapper win and if that patron’s name is drawn from the entry box, they win a $200 betting voucher plus a $50 gas gift card.
All 22 patron winners from the season long Battle are eligible for the $10,000 grand prize being drawn on Saturday, August 6, Hambletonian Day. Ten names will be selected during the Final Reverse Drawing – 1st –5th name receives $200 betting voucher; 6th name receives $250 betting voucher, 7th name receives $300 betting voucher, 8th name receives $400 voucher, 9th name receives $500. The Final name drawn (10th name) wins the $10,000. Remaining 12 names will receive a $100 betting voucher.
Fans can also keep up with the contest on Twitter by following @JessicaOtten1 @Edison_1999_ @eedoogie @davelittlebigm @kenvoiceover
Full Battle of the Mastermind details along with all upcoming events and promotions can be found at Playmeadowlands.com