Busy Opening Weekend at the Meadowlands
Thursday, November 3, 2022
Live racing is back at the Meadowlands Racetrack this Friday and Saturday with a 6:20pm post.
On Friday, the GSY Racing Club will pay tribute to Queen Elizabeth and her love of horses. There will be a video tribute and bagpiper during the pre-game show hosted by Dave Little and Jessica Otten, paying tribute to the late Queen.
On the track, the American GSY drivers will face UK drivers Lee Morris, Jaimie Neil Davies, Marc Thomas Jones, Richard Haythornwaite, and Grant Keith Cullen in two America/UK friendship races (races 1 & 3).
The Pink Buffet will include UK favorites Fish & Chips and Shepard’s Pie and Gin & Tonics will be the special cocktail of the evening. For reservations call 201-The-BigM.
On Saturday, November 5th the track is keeping things spicy with the Fall Chili Cook-Off. The competition features home-style, chili verde and salsa categories and offers over $4,500 in prizes. Twenty-three contestants will be competing in the Homestyle competition, while twelve cook chili verde and fourteen submit their homemade salsa recipes.
Racetrack guests are also welcome to be part of the fun. They are encouraged to sample the chili and vote for their favorite once all the competition chili is turned in at 8pm.
For complete chili event details visit https://playmeadowlands.com/event/2022-meadowlands-fall-chili-cook-off/
This weekend also features world class simulcasting with the 2022 Breeders’ Cup from Keeneland. On November 4th, the Breeders’ Cup card is highlighted by:
• $1 Million Juvenile Turf Spring – 3pm
• $2 Million Juvenile Fillies – 3:40pm
• $1 Million Juvenile Fillies Turf – 4:20pm
• $2 Million Juvenile – 5pm
• $1 Million Juvenile Turf – 5:40 pm
On Saturday, the track doors open early at 9:30am with the first race from Keeneland scheduled for 10:30 am. The Saturday card features:
• $1 million Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (G1) – 11:50 AM
• $1 million Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint (G1) – 12:29pm
• $2 million Qatar Racing Breeders’ Cup Sprint (G1) – 1:10pm
• $2 million Maker’s Mark Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf – 1:50pm
• $1 million Big Ass Fans Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (G1) – 2:30pm
• $2 million FanDuel Breeders’ Cup Mile (G1) – 3:10pm
• $2 million Longines Breeders’ Cup Distaff (G1) – 3:55pm
• $4 million Longines Breeders’ Cup Turf (G1) – 4:40pm
• $6 million Longines Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1) – 5:40pm
Ala carte dining for Breeders’ Cup is available in the Lounge on both Friday and Saturday. Reservations can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All racing, event and dining details are available at https://playmeadowlands.com/