Battle of the Masterminds Returns to the Big M
Saturday, May 27, 2023
Last year, the late Dave Brower took home the 2022 Mastermind crown with a total mythical bankroll of $11,565, raising $1,000 for his charity CBH Care.
This summer the Battle of the Meadowlands Masterminds returns with Jess Otten, Edison Hatter, Ken Warkentin, Dave Little and Gabe Prewitt pitted against each other in the ultimate handicapping contest. The fun kicks off Friday, June 2 and runs through Friday, August 4.
While our track handicappers battle it out, our fans get a chance to win the nightly cash prize and have a chance to grab the $10,000 grand prize on Hambletonian Day – Saturday, August 5!
Battle of the Meadowlands Masterminds Rules:
• Each race night the 5 handicappers are given $500 in “mythical battle money”.
• Their mythical wagers must be on races 4-9 each night – $500 will be wagered each night by every handicapper
• The battle money wins and losses are tracked with results posted as soon as possible following Race 10
• Every night on-track there will be five drawing barrels. Each one with a corresponding Battle of the Meadowlands Masterminds name assigned. Fans can complete the entry form and deposit the slip in the barrel of their chosen handicapper prior to Race 4 each night.
• Entry forms are available in the live racing program and at the Players Club Desk.
• After Race 10 each live race night, an entry from the winning handicapper barrel will be selected to win $200 betting voucher.
• On Hambletonian Day, Saturday, August 5, the winning Battle handicapper is announced.
• At the end of the Battle, the winning handicapper will receive $1,000 for their selected charity; second will receive $500 and third through fifth place $250.
- Jess Otten: New Vocations
- Dave Little: Standardbred Retirement Foundation
- Gabe Prewitt: CBH Care
- Ken Warkentin: Harness Horse Youth Foundation
- Edison Hatter: Purple Haze Standardbred Adoption Program
- All 19 winners from the season long Battle are eligible for the $10,000 grand prize. Ten names will be selected during the Final Drawing – 1st –5th name receives $200 betting voucher; 6th name receives $250 betting voucher, 7th name receives $300 betting voucher, 8th name receives $400 voucher, 9th name receives $500. The Final name drawn (10th name) wins the $10,000. Remaining 9 names will receive a $100 betting voucher.
Fans can also keep up with the “friendly” contest trash talking on Twitter by following @JessicaOtten1 @Edison_1999_ @Gabe_Prewitt @davelittlebigm @kenvoiceover
Full contest rules can be found at https://playmeadowlands.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/2023-Battle-of-Masterminds.pdf