A Look Ahead to the TVG Championships
Wednesday, November 2, 2022
With the 2022 Breeders Crown results now in, the focus of the connections of those with horses in contention for year-end honors is drawn to the $1 million TVG Championships at The Meadowlands on Saturday, November 26.
The last of the major stakes for the Grand Circuit season is unique in that its format encourages the top 3-year-olds of each division to test the sport’s veteran stars, possibly enhancing their chances to collect that sought after hardware for their handlers.
As the TVG conditions state, those stakes which offer the option for the winner to be invited to race in the TVG Championship are listed below, in order of preference:
“The Meadowlands reserves the right to invite the winner(s) of the races in the order listed below to race in the Championships to reach the maximum number of starters. All invited horses from the races listed below are required to pay the declaration fee to enter the race.”
- Breeders Crown 3-Year-Old Colt Final
- Breeders Crown Open Final
- Hambletonian or Meadowlands Pace Final
- Breeders Crown Open Mare Final
- Kentucky Futurity / Tattersalls Pace
- Zweig Memorial
- Canadian Trotting Classic/North America Cup
Mare Final (filly or mare)
- Breeders Crown 3-Year-Old Filly Final
- Breeders Crown Open or Open Mare Final
- Hambletonian or Oaks / Meadowlands Pace or Mistletoe Shalee
- Kentucky Futurity / Tattersalls Pace (open or filly)
- Zweig Memorial / Zweig Filly
- Canadian Trotting Classic / Elegantimage / NA Cup / Fan Hanover
NEW to the TVG Conditions in 2022 is the “Mare Buy Up” clause;
“If, after all of the above conditions are exhausted there remain unfilled positions, mares that are eligible to the TVG Mare divisions may buy into and race in the TVG Open. To gain eligibility, the difference in payments between the Mare and Open divisions must be paid along with the Open declaration fee.”
The top point earning declared horse for each division will draw from post positions 1-6, all other post positions are by open draw.
Questions to 607-972-5500.