Chili Cook-Off: Winter Edition
Saturday, February 5, 2022
Calling All Cooks….enter our Chili and Salsa Cook-off on Saturday, February 5, 2022! Contestants must register here
Not a cook? Free samples will be given for the People’s Choice vote following the 8 pm turn in. Cook-off takes place in the Food Court & outdoor East Apron.
Categories for Winter 2022: Traditional Red and Salsa
Traditional Red Chili:
* $1,000 Grand Prize plus spot in the ICS’s World Championship Homestyle Chili Cook-off
* $500 – 2nd place
* $250 – 3rd place
People’s Choice Chili:
* $250 Grand Prize
Salsa: (must be home-made no store bought salsa allowed)
* $500 Grand Prize plus a spot in the ICS’s World Championship Salsa Cook Off
* $250- 2nd place
* $100 – 3rd place
- Arrival Time: You can arrive any time after 1:00pm to start setting up.
- The event takes place in our food court & outdoor East Apron. We have a side entrance (on the left side of the building near the loading dock) that allows you easy access into the food court entrance for quicker set up.
- Mandatory meeting at 3 pm in the food court for all Chili cooks – you must be present!
- Meat may be pre-cut or ground but MAY NOT be pre-cooked, treated, seasoned or marinated in any manner.
- All other ingredients must be prepared/chopped on-site from during allotted cooking time. Cooking time is 3 total hours per style. Traditional Red: 4-7pm
- Garnishes must not be used on what is turned into the Judges
- Please remember to bring all your cooking equipment. If you are using a propane camper’s stove you need to bring a class K extinguisher.
- We do have sinks, garbage cans for everyone to use. Please treat these items as if they were in your own home.
- You are welcome to bring an additional table or two for you to use.
- We do have electric, please bring extension cords if you need access to electric.
- You must prepare 32oz of chili to be submitted for ICS judging
- Turn in times: 6pm Salsa; 7pm Traditional Red
- Entrant must be 18 years or older
- Contact Raryan@playmeadowlands.com with any questions.
- People’s choice voting begins at 7 pm following official judging – small tasting samples given, 1 sample of each chili – one vote per person.